Dental Crowns in Turkey: an easy guide on price and travel experience
Chapter 6: Dental Crowns Turkey
You made it to the last chapter, congratulations! Now you’re a pro on dental crowns. But how much do you know about dental crowns Turkey? Well, if you don’t know much or you’re just curious, this chapter is for you! Dental crowns in Turkey are always in demand when talking about dentistry treatments. This treatment is very common, but it can also be expensive. The high quality of materials, the premium dental treatments, and the affordable prices are important factors on why quality dental crowns in Turkey attract every year a large number of patients.
The most important factor to consider is you won’t lose quality over the affordable price.
Traveling to a new country can be worrying and cause some anxiety in some people. No need to worry, we will go through some details about your time in Turkey. We hope this will help you make an informed decision and relieve you from some anxiety.
What you need to know about dental crowns in Turkey
Every year, thousands of international patients travel to get dental crowns in Turkey. Dental crowns are used for both aesthetic and therapeutic reasons. If you decide to get your dental crowns in Turkey, you’ll need to know why prices are so affordable and why you should trust a Turkish clinic and its expertise in dental restorations. You also will probably wonder about dental insurance and if they’re accepted in Turkey and how much a week or so will cost if you stay in Turkey or Istanbul.
You need to keep in mind there are many reasons to put your health in the hand of Turkish clinics.
Why get dental crowns in Turkey?
Dental crowns can be a life-changing procedure for a person. It helps with the appearance of teeth but also It can help get your perfect smile back and protect your teeth. However, this dental treatment can also come at a hefty price tag. This is why Turkey has become one of the capitals of dental tourism. In fact, it allows patients to get the best possible dental treatment at a fraction of the prices of countries like United States, Europe, Canada, the United Kindom, etc. Cosmetic Dentistry quality is unmatched in Turkey. Yearly, hundreds of thousands of patients come to Turkey to get their healthy teeth back with a premium dental treatment.
But why should you get your dental crowns in Turkey? Here are a few reasons we offer premium dentistry:
- Inexpensive Prices: you will be able to get premium dental treatment with an affordable price tag thanks to the convenient currency exchange with euro, dollar or poundcompared to the Turkish lira. You won’t need to worry about this affecting the quality of the treatment, the structure, or the doctor.
- Skilled Dentists: firstly, it’s so important to put your health into skilled and experienced dentists’ hands. Thanks to the number of prestigious universities in Turkey and the number of patients coming every month for their dental procedures, you can be sure your dentist will be experienced and trustworthy.
- No Long Waiting Lists: your time is precious and waiting lists can be extremely annoying. With the private health sector, you can be sure you won’t need to wait much to get your healthy smile! No waiting period for you.
- Impressive Clinics: picking a private health clinic will allow you to get the most modern, prestigious, clean, and hi-tech clinic Turkey has to offer.
- Holiday Time: you won’t spend all the time at the clinic so why not enjoy some fantastic time visiting Turkey and enjoy its many wonders?
- All-Inclusive services: we will handle everything for you, transportation, hotel, and the treatment. We do handle the detailed treatment plan so you can just come and enjoy your dental treatment and vacation!
- Best Materials: it doesn’t matter which types of material you want: E-Max Crowns, Porcelain Crowns, Ceramic Crowns, Disilicate Ceramic Crowns, etc. You’ll always have the best quality materials
How to choose the right clinic?
Some people say the best decisions are the ones taken with your gut. But when it comes to your health, how can you pick the right clinic? Furthermore, how can you pick a premium dentistry facility? If you’re looking to find “the best dental clinic in the world” we are sorry to say it does not exist.
But how to choose a safe, modern, trustworthy clinic?
- Location: look for a clinic in a new, up-to-date space, with maximum hygiene and a pristine environment.
- The Team: you should get a team of dentists with proven experience. Feel free to ask about their studies and their experience!
- Organization: look for a clinic or dental center willing to organize everything from you: transportation, hotel, treatments, city tours, etc.
- Experience: ask the assistant how many patients the clinic has treated and how long the doctors have been practicing.
- Translators: is there someone in the clinic who can speak your language and translate from Turkish? Ask for expert patient consultants, patient coordinators, and travel agents.
- Prices: choosing a clinic because it offers the lowest price can hide some problems or shady business practices. Go with a clinic offering a price within the national average.
- Answers: you need to find a clinic giving you a trustworthy feeling, answers all your questions, and makes you feel like you made the right choice and you’re in good hands.
How long should I stay in Turkey for crowns?
Dental crowns are created custom-made for you so there will be an initial visit and another single visit to fit and install the crowns. This means when it’s time for your dental clinic visit they will take the mold of your natural teeth. It is of the utmost importance to obtain a crown especially made for you and that the crowns fit you perfectly. This is why getting a permanent crown takes time. So, when you get dental crowns in Turkey you need to know you’ll need to be there for a few days. The clinic will give you a temporary crown in the meantime.
Usually, it takes from 4 to 7 days to fit and create your custom-made crowns. This means you will need to stay in Turkey for about a week.
What is the dental crown cost in Turkey?
If you’re wondering “How much do dental crowns cost in Turkey?” you should know you’re not alone. People want to avoid sky-high operational costs. This is why this is probably the first question people ask when considering getting dental crowns in Turkey. As we explained the dental crown cost in Turkey is considerably lower compared to United States, the United Kingdom, or Europe. This is a great advantage for international patients who pick medical tourism and dental clinic in Turkey.
But how do prices compare? Let’s see it right here:
|Types Of Dental Crowns||Price Range in Turkey||Price Range in the UK||Price Range in Europe||Price Range in America|
|All-Porcelain Crown||$ 100 – $ 250||£ 480 – £ 900||€ 450 – € 850||$ 600 – $ 3000|
|Porcelain-Fused-To-Metal Crown||$ 80 – $ 130||£ 350 – £ 900||€ 300 – € 1100||$ 500 – $ 1500|
|E-Max Crown||$ 130 – $ 250||£ 650 – £ 1000||€ 450 – € 1100||$ 600 – $ 3000|
|Zirconium Crown||$ 130 – $ 250||£ 650 – £ 1000||€ 550 – € 900||$ 600 – $ 3000|
|Gold Crown||$ 100 – $ 250||£ 450 – £ 1050||€ 400 – € 1000||$ 600 – $ 2500|
Why are dental crowns cheaper in Turkey?
We talked in detail about why dental crowns in Turkey are a very affordable way of getting the highest quality crowns on a budget for an international patient. But why dental crowns in Turkey are so affordable?
When it comes to dental crown cost it comes to 5 factors influencing the final price: the importance of medical tourism, the high competition, the cost of living, and the currency exchange.
The currency exchange Euro/Dollar/Pound – Turkish lira makes the prices extremely affordable for people coming from abroad while being expensive for people with Turkish lira. However, this kind of affordability is seen only by people with strong currencies.
Medical tourism in Turkey allows a high number of people coming to Turkey – and in particular Istanbul – to get their teeth done and a smile makeover. This helps with maintaining the market profitable, affordable, with low and competitive prices. This also helps with giving doctors a huge experience and getting in contact with a lot of different patients, needs, cases, and requests. Also, it is possible to obtain and produce dental top-grade materials for a fraction of the price.
In addition, the government noticed how profitable medical tourism is and how beneficial it is for the Country. So, the Turkish government helps the private health sector with incentives, low taxes, and other benefits. This has a strong influence on the prices, especially when it comes to low taxes.
Will dental crowns in Turkey be bad because of the price?
In the previous paragraph, we explained why Turkey can maintain affordable prices and perfect quality. Subsequently, the cost of dental crowns in Turkey is not causing a reduction in the quality of materials, services, less experienced dentists. As a result, the materials used, the medical devices, the dental crowns are the same you’d find in Europe, America, Canada, the UK, etc.
In conclusion, we can provide real patient reviews so you can understand the treatment offered.
If case of any doubts about materials, services, equipment, medical facilities, our team will be happy to answer your questions. We are always happy to help patients consciously choose the path that best suits their needs.
In addition, Dentfix uses E-Max and Zirconia crowns. They’re the best for quality, durability, materials, and strength and the most requested and appreciated by real patient reviews. During the consultation for crowns, we will go over all the details with you.
Is there an All-Inclusive Pack?
When you want dental crowns in Turkey you should know, with Dentfix, your travel experience will be planned in detail for you. This is why we offer All-Inclusive Packages. This way, you just have to worry about coming to Turkey and going back with your beautiful smile and healthy teeth.
Usually, a Dental Crown Package includes:
- Dental Crowns Treatment
- Transportation Hotel/Clinic/Airport
- Assistance Before and After
- Personal Assistant/Translator
With all these things you should not worry about anything. All the transportation will be covered, you won’t have to pick a hotel.
Moreover, if you need more information about the package we offer, please get in touch with our customer service.
How can I pay in Turkey?
Our patients often wonder how the payment will be handled for the dental crowns in Turkey. You have two options, these are the safer, easier payment methods we accept:
- Cash: We accept cash payment. You can pay easily with the dollar, euro, or pound.
- Credit Card: if traveling with cash is not for you, you can pay with a credit card. But, before you get to Turkey, get in touch with your bank to make sure you can use your credit card in Turkey, if there is a limit and if there will be a commission.
Is there a warranty on dental crowns?
We have no doubts about the quality treatments we offer. This is why we are happy and more than willing to offer you a 5 years warranty on your crowns. For any fracture with normal use, we will replace or repair them at no additional charge. You just come back to us and we will handle the situation.
Certainly, if you have any doubts about the warranty, please get in touch with us.
Will there be hidden costs?
No, when you trust Dentfix with your dental crowns in Turkey you won’t have to worry. The costs agreed on during the initial consultation are always final. This means there won’t be any additional costs. There is, however, an exception. In case of medical emergencies requiring immediate intervention, there may be additional costs. This is very rare in the case of dental treatments but it’s meant to take the best care of our patients. To avoid this possibility, please be honest with your consultant and your doctor. Any allergy (medicine or any other), previous conditions, or diseases should be disclosed to avoid problems or allergic reactions.
If our dentist during the visit will deem necessary additional treatments for the benefit of the patient’s oral health and aesthetics, the patient will be free to choose whether or not to undergo any additional treatment. The patient will be provided with an extra quote and the option to accept or not. Nothing will be a surprise or forced on the patient.
In any case, there are no hidden, unknown, secret, undeclared, or surprise costs. The prices established in the quote are offered to the patient before departure.
Does insurance cover dental crowns in Turkey?
No, international health and dental insurance do not cover procedures in Turkey. It is impossible for Turkish private clinics to have deals and partnerships with international dental or health insurances. But prices in Turkey make it possible for everyone to have access to the best quality of dental services, the best doctors, the best materials, and the most luxurious clinics.
So, even if you won’t be covered by your health insurance you will be able to obtain unbeatable prices.
Will I have expenses after the dental crowns?
Dental crowns don’t require much maintenance. Once you’re done with the procedure, you should only take good care of them as you would with any other dental procedure or with your own natural teeth.
This may require one or two yearly doctor’s appointments, nothing extremely expensive.
Certainly, if you want more info, you can check the Chapter on dental crown maintenance.
What to know about your vacation in Turkey?
Every year, tens of thousands of people pick Turkey as their destination for a vacation, maybe adding some medical treatment to the plan.
Most of the patients enjoy a vacation with organized tours and sightseeing with dental treatment. They end up enjoying the Turkish culture, the Turkish cuisine, the historical landscape, the streets, nightlife, and museums. How to have a relaxing travel time? And how much will you spend to stay a week in Istanbul?
In the following paragraphs, we will give a step by step guide for you. Subsequently, this will lead to a stress-free booking, traveling, and vacation.
Which airport should I travel to to come to Dentfix?
Dentfix is waiting for you in the heart of Istanbul. When it comes to picking the right airport for your flight, you have two options, both situated in Istanbul.
- ISTANBUL NEW AIRPORT (IST): it’s the main airport in Istanbul. It’s newly opened and situated on the European side of the city.
- SABIHA GOKCEN AIRPORT (SAW): it’s a smaller airport situated on the Asian side of the city. It handles so many flights daily coming from every part of the world.
In short, It doesn’t matter if you pick one or the other airport, we will be there to pick you up!
What can you visit in Istanbul?
Since you will be staying in Istanbul for a week or less, you will have a lot of free time to enjoy the magnificent beauties of Istanbul. But what to do?
To sum up, the most loved destinations are:
- Blue Mosque
- Church of Santa Maria Draperies
- Sant’Antonio di Padova Basilica
- Topkapi Palace,
- Walls of Constantinople,
- Galata Tower,
- Dolmabahçe Mosque,
- Hagia Sophia Mosque,
- Sulaymaniyah Mosque,
- Palace of Dolmabahçe
- the seaside overlooking the breathtaking Bosphorus.
In conclusion, all of these beauties will make your time spent in Turkey worthwhile and will create an unforgettable memory.
Where is it possible to eat during the stay?
One of the best parts of your holiday will be discovering Turkish cuisine. You’ll be staying in a hotel offering international breakfast every morning, it will be delicious. You can choose to have the other meals in the hotel restaurant or go out and pick every single day a new restaurant. The hotels are always in a central area, and you’ll easily find some incredible restaurants of your liking. The hotel team will be happy to guide you and help you pick the right one.
What are the costs in Istanbul?
Istanbul is not an expensive city and you’ll be able to visit without worrying much about the expenses of your travel time. Let’s see a few of the prices you may have in Istanbul.
- Public Transportation: the card for public transportation will cost you around 1 dollar, while each time you take a ferry, bus, metro, tramway, etc. you will spend from 0.80 cents to 0.50 dollars.
- Restaurants: a meal, per person, will cost you from 5 to 12 dollars each person. Of course, prices may change based on the meal, the neighborhood, and the type of menu. Be aware of tourists’ prices, they’re not usually convenient. Always ask for a menu with prices to avoid overpaying.
- Museums: most monuments or museums tickets cost from 5 to 10 dollars. The cost of the ticket for the main monuments or museums varies from 5 dollars to 10 dollars per person maximum.
In conclusion, always keep in mind prices may vary and these are just examples to make you understand better how much money you’d spend in a week in Istanbul.
Collares K, Correa MB, Bronkhorst EM, Laske M, Huysmans MDNJM, Opdam NJ. A practice based longevity study on single-unit crowns. J Dent. 2018;74:43-48. doi:10.1016/j.jdent.2018.05.013 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29800638/